Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I have made three New Year's Resolutions this year. They are actually all related because I think I need to do each of these in order to accomplish the others.

1. Grow closer to God by putting Him first in my life. I can't do anything without God, right? This is definitely the most important resolution I've made. I believe doing this will help me focus on the important things and keep me from wasting lots of time doing nothing and worrying about stupid stuff.

2. Get organized. I'm pretty confident that if the president came to my house today, he would declare it a national disaster area. Now, most people who come over would disagree with that because what you see looks OK. It's cluttered (we do have a toddler), but not horrible. But, if you were to look behind all the doors we close when you come over, you would understand what I mean. The closets are crammed full of stuff, most of which we don't use and if we wanted to we couldn't get to it. There are stacks of paper everywhere. I feel so burdened by all the clutter and mess and I imagine feeling free to go out and do things once everything is straightened up.

I don't want to just get physically organized. I want to have some sort of routine each day. It's hard to have a quiet time with God each day when I don't have a specific time set aside for it. But without a routine, it's hard to set that time aside.

3. Have more of a social life. I really don't have much of a social life or close friends, so I'm going to make an effort this year to get involved in some things I've been avoiding. I've already got something on the calendar! I'm going to a wine tasting tomorrow night with the Mommies group I belong to (but never do anything with). They're going to dinner afterwards, but I'm going to skip that because I need to get ready for our trip to Orlando on Thursday.

Well, those are my New Year's resolutions for 2009. Check back soon to see my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment