Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Good Day

Yesterday was a really good day; I actually felt productive! I'm having a hard time getting back on track. I never sat down and had a "quiet time" but I did have a few conversations with God throughout the day (which might actually be better). One of the main things I did, was to look to God when I wanted to eat. I recently lost 27pounds with Weight Watchers, but got off track over the holidays and gained a couple back. Since then, I'm having a hard time getting back in the Weight Watchers mode. Once I slip up, I get the attitude that I already messed up for the day (or the week), I can eat whatever I want. I really have seen my old habits of emotional eating emerging again and that is never a good thing. Honestly, instead of making me feel better, the eating makes me feel worse (and then I eat more). This change made a huge difference in my day. I wasn't feeling guilty and down on myself for eating and I was able to focus on getting some other things done. I went through my dresser drawers and sorted out the clothes in them -some too big, some to get ride of. Now you can almost see the top of the dresser! I have a few more little things to take care of today. I also gave the dog a bath and played with him a little bit. I wish I had waited; my husband was going to offer to pay me $100 to do it (he smelled really bad)!

Well, I need to go do some exercises and take a shower before the little one wakes up. I'm feeling really good about yesterday and I have a great feeling about today!

No comments:

Post a Comment