Monday, January 19, 2009

I am not SuperMom

I long to be SuperMom. I would love for my house to be clean all the time, for my pantry to be organized and always have exactly what I need. I would love to make the perfect dinner every night that I know everyone will eat and not have to make a separate meal for Kaitlin. I would love to always have just the right distraction on hand to keep Kaitlin from crying/screaming when I take something away from her. I would love to always know exactly what she needs all the time. I would love to have new, fun, engaging activities planned for each day so that she won't be bored and want to watch TV. But, I am not SuperMom. My house is a complete wreck, we pretty much eat the same things night after night, Kaitlin screams when I take things away from her no matter how good the distraction, and sometimes, I put her on her bean bag chair in front of the TV just so I can sit still for a little while. It would take a pretty big turn around for me to become SuperMom. I would have to give up blogging, reading, and relaxing in general during Kaitlin's nap times so that I could get all the cleaning and organizing done. Sometimes I think I would be happier if my house were cleaner and more organized. I think I would be in some ways because I wouldn't be so disappointed in myself for being lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment