Monday, February 9, 2009

Inspiration

I've been following the story of a young woman named Katherine Wolf for a while now. I don't know her, but her story is so inspiring that I can't help but follow. About 9months ago, Katherine had an AVM rupture, which is sort of like a stroke, but different. Anyway, the doctors never expected her to recover at all and are amazed by the progress she has made. Despite her amazing recovery, Katherine still can not walk or eat. She can't even take care of her one year old son. Whenever I feel overwhelmed by the task of caring for a toddler, or frustrated because I'm trying to cook dinner and Kaitlin wants to be held, or worthless because as a stay at home mom I don't contribute to society; I remember Katherine who can't even pick her son up when he cries. She posted an entry on her Caring Bridge sight the other day expressing excitement that she was able to put James' jacket on him all by herself. I'm so lucky that I'm able to take care of my child and play with her and read books to her and chase her around the house when she doesn't want to put on her coat or have her diaper changed! I'm trying to just enjoy all of it instead of taking her for granted and getting frustrated.

If you'd like to learn more about Katherine, you can visit her Caring Bridge sight at this link: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katherinewolf or visit her mom's blog, here: http://katherineawolf.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment